This shoe is everyone’s favorite, probably because it shouts stability. Of course, we all want a stable and well supported shoes specially during long runs. This 30 th edition has been overhauled and looks far different from its predecessor. With new technology 4d Guidance System that can help stabilize the stride on your run. For comfort, new PureGEL™ technology, soft FF BLAST™ and PLUS ECO foam has been combined. You can see all the specs here: Gel-Kayano 30™
Our 3f striders community conduct a run try-out last Saturday 21 October 2023. It was a 3-Kilometer run where they run in comfortable pace on the 1st half and made an effort run the 2nd half. Most of the runners love the 4D Guidance System and the wider basenets technology because of stable land on each stride. My husband is over pronated runner, and he likes how his feet landed smoothly each stride. One of the members said she likes how her ankle is stable in the new design and it has more space in the toe box. There’s also a comment that when they tried to run in speed, they are feeling heat in the sole.
1. The ASICS Gel Kayano 30 is good for all levels of athletes, from beginners or super runners to walkers alike.
2. The new 4D guidance system is the superstar, an update that makes new Gel Kayano 30 more firmer in support without sacrificing comfort.
3. It’s worth the price, because of generous technology.
I somewhat don’t like:
1. The sole give heat friction feeling, maybe because it’s still hot here in Dubai. Other than that, I do not have a protest.
2. The upper lacks breathability and my feet is sweating much.
I love the updates on the 30th Edition. It’s a huge step forward because the visible Gel is finally gone.
The shoe can also be worn in casual styles. Looking forward to what is in store for next year.
Marine Administrative Officer from Dubai
Club: 3f Striders